Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hairy Metal

Tonight I went for a pretty slow walk around the plateau around the usual streets to get my daily dose of exercise. Near the end of my circuit I noticed there was a lot of people on the sidewalk. I thought maybe there was another special at the metal bar Foufounes Électriques (the Electric Buttocks). I had to cross to the other side of the street because there was just no room to walk on the sidewalk. That's when I noticed there was an unusually large crowd further down the street and they were surrounded in a cloud of smoke near the Metropolis. I walked on past the place and saw on the sign that tonight, the heavy metal band Anthrax was playing along with Testament and Death Angel. That's when I realized THAT's why there are so many hairy metal dudes in leather jackets! And the smoke? Pot. It reeked of Mary-Jane. Just one minute in that cloud of smoke gave me the munchies. I hope my employer doesn't ask for a piss test anytime soon because I think I might just fail just for walking passed that one block. Ok ok, I'm exaggerating. But, the smoke and the smell were pretty intense.



That's pretty much it for tonight. Other than that I wasn't really paying any attention to anything. I was in a pensive state the whole time so I didn't really notice anything special. It's also a Tuesday. Nothing ever happens on Tuesdays. Except the occasional heavy metal concert it seems.

You know, just as a side note, whenever I see heavy metal music fans with the leather coat and the long hair it always reminds me of the movie Airheads with Brandan Fraser, Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi.


No comments:

Post a Comment